IoTivity blocking observe notification from links in collection when collection is observed using batch interface
OCF Core Specification (v1.3) states following about observing a collection using batch interface :
- Linked Resources referenced in the Collection may be observed using the batch Interface. The observe mechanism shall work as defined in 11.4.2
- with the observe request forwarded to each of the linked Resources
- . All responses to the request shall be aggregated into a single response to the Client using the same representations and status codes as for RETRIEVE operations using the batch Interface.
It means that when a client observes collection, all links within the collection gets observed too. While running CTT for Wi-Fi Easy Setup (WES) collection we have observed that IoTvitiy base stack does not implement above requirement.
As per the CTT logs (TC#- CT 1.2.12) CTT is observing WES collection ( /EasySetupResURI?if=oic.if.b and Observe Option = 0) and then updating a property in link inside collection (CON UPDATE /WiFiConfResURI). Expectation is that observe response will be received. Observe notification from IoTivity Easy Setup Resource Handler is sent but it seems that IoTvity base stack
process it (to send on wire) thinking there are no observers for /WiFiConfResURI (as CTT has observed for the /EasySetupResURI collection URI using batch, not for the link in the collection itself and iotivity base stack seems to be not updating observers list for links in collection).
This can be a potential issue that could be seen by other vertical collections also and needs investigation.
JIRA migration meta data
- JIRA Issue ID: IOT-2899
- Reporter: abhishek_p
- Assignee: h.marappa
- Creator: abhishek_p
- Created at: 2017-11-16T08:15:02.000-0800
- Found in Version: 1.3.1-RC5
- Fix in Version: 7ed2b78d
- Issue Severity: Critical
- Reproducibility: Always (100%)
- Operating System: Ubuntu
- Hardware/ OEM Platform: None
- External URL: None
- Bugzilla ID: None
- Product: None
- Status: Resolved
- Components: CTT or other non-IoTivity component
- Priority: P1
- Due Date: None
Issue Type: Bug
END of JIRA migration meta data